Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We crave a different kind of Buzz


I wrote this post on Monday but got delayed in publishing it. My goal today was to address my April plans. For me, April is the epitome of spring and a fresh start. So why not try something new and fresh this month? Thanks to my friend, Alexis, I was introduced to this "30- Day Green Smoothie Challenge!" by simple green smoothies. Each week they send you a "grocery list" with the items you need to prepare the smoothies for the week. These recipes contain a lot of nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins/minerals.

When I began this challenge I was hesitant. I have never really tried a challenge of any sorts and was not sure if it was something I would be able to keep up for a week let alone 30 days. I decided that it would be a worth a try because I was feeling overweight and lethargic. It seemed like my out look was improving but the baggage I carried was showing. So I headed off to the grocery store with my list and my mission to keep this challenge alive. I checked out and spent a total of $21.00. Yes, you read that correctly. I was shocked. A diet plan that is supposed to make you achieve your goal each week costs only $21.00? I really thought it was too good to be true at that moment.

The first day came around and I made one of the green smoothie in LESS THEN 10 MINUTES. Yes, once again you read that correctly. I will post the ingredients below if you are interested. The recipe was formulated by Simple Green Smoothies. I consumed a tall glass worth and let me just pause and say that glass changed my life. I had so much energy after it and I was not craving for snacks an hour later. I even mentioned to my friend Alexis that this was better then Coffee. Those who know me would be surprised by the previous statement.

Currently I am on day 3 of the challenge. So far there have been many changes I have noticed. I figured I would keep track and check in on this through out the month to update you on the status and opinion on this challenge/lifestyle. So far, I have a lot of energy after I have these drinks. I also seem more focused when it comes to completing tasks. The last two nights I have slept way better. I also have added in exercises to keep me going.

I really feel like I have discovered this secret that not a lot of people know about. Its seriously amazing and I really really love how we get emails each week with a detailed list. It makes the shopping easy and it gives me a reminder to keep up with it. I feel like this is something I will implement into my life far beyond the 30 days. If you guys want more information please check out Simple Green Smoothies.

As a added bonus I am sharing one of the amazing recipes that was sent to me as part of the 30 day challenge: I adjusted the recipe slightly to fit me. I hope that you guys try this and taste it and join the movement at Simple Green Smoothies.

My first day recipe consisted of:
1 cup of spinach
3/4 cup water
1 orange
1 banana
1 cup pineapple

Check out my instagram: Dawnonwards for more updates on my day to day things and this challenge update


until next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment