Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spring Haul


It's been a while! I know my promise of a post every Monday and Thursday has not been accurate but instead of making excuses on what's been going on I would love to just focus on my exciting new post today and the news I have moving forward with this blog. So grab and a drink and lets get started...

Today's post is something really exciting for me. It's all about fashion and my Spring Haul. In the past, when I bought clothes or shoes I would just buy things that I saw and liked. I never thought about versatility. Boy, was I doing it wrong. Recently, I went through my closet and donated more then half my clothes. It felt so therapeutic. I realized how many things I had in my closet that I never wore or could only wear a certain way. So I made a decision that moving forward I would have clothing that's versatile but also fits my personal style. I think it's important that these pieces can make an entire outfit and can be styled individually to create different looks. Versatility also has to allow me to take my outfits from day to night. Often times I am on the go or out and about when my day time activities merge into my night. Instead of feeling underdressed/uncomfortable I feel like I can confidently go to different settings with these pieces.


To begin I'll go through my shoes! I posted a picture of my purchases on my instagram account (@Dawnonwards) and I was so excited to share it. I am loving the rustic colors and the wedge style. The number one reason why I love the wedges is that they are so comfortable and can be versatile.  They give you the ability to transform an outfit from day to night, a factor everyone should consider when buying clothes/shoes. 
When I was shopping, I saw that the current sandal trends are incorporating lace ups and had zippers.  got my shoes from JC Penny and I got them during the Easter sale. I also wanted a simple sandal. I felt that if I was out running errands and then I had to go to a nice brunch, these sandals have some unique details that make them look dressy. All three pairs together was $60. A great deal in my opinion when each one originally was priced for around $49.99. My suggestion for shoes is to wear something that is comfortable. Also, be willing to try new things.  I was never a fan of wedges but once I began seeing the trends and exploring I actually saw the potential in ways to style them.

My next part of the haul included bright floral or colored shorts. The shorts are literally everywhere. I absolutely loved these shorts because they can be either styled up for a night out or styled down for a casual day look. Your outfit is what you make it.  Both these shorts are from charlotte russe and I got them for $26.00 total. There is a 10% discount but unfortunately the lady who rang me up wasn't so nice because she failed to include my discount and was sassy about ringing it up again. So make sure you mention the 10% discount as soon as you get to the register. 



I also was just looking for a nicer loose white T-shirt to possibly wear with these shorts and I came across this adorable half sleeve white blouse from Forever 21. It's longer and I love it because I can wear it with these shorts and it would look great but I can also wear the blouse over jeans and wedges and they would look amazing. Other then having basic tee's I love having basic blouses because you can wear them so many ways. I think everyone needs to have these types of blouses in at least white and black. I got this top for $14.99, a steal in my eyes. 



The last two pieces I have are just plain scarves. Although it's technically "spring", where I live it often rains. Since it is spring I like to add a pop of color through my scarves. Like I said I own a lot of basic T-shirts and the best way to dress it up sometimes and especially in dreary weather is to add bright colors. So I found these two amazing scarves at Boscov's and they were on sale for $2.00 each! I thought it was a good deal and picked up a bright yellow and a rich blue. I think both are vibrant and add a statement to an outfit. 



That concludes my Spring Haul! I am excited to style these pieces so check back on my twitter and instagram (@dawnonwards) to see how I do it! 

So now for some exciting news like I promised: I am going to be traveling the next couple of months and also plan on moving to a new city this summer. Although this is a big step and a tough decision, I am so excited for the new opportunity. I plan on including a lot of DIY/Room inspiration/ Decoration posts in the near future. I would love for you to follow along and try some of my DIY. So look forward to a new section in my blog dedicated to just apartment decor and styling.

So until next time..














No comments:

Post a Comment