Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New resolutions: letting things go

 When I made the crazy decision to start a new adventure, I never knew that my life would change that dramatically in a couple of months. I feel like a completely new person. Exploring and Re-exploring a city, new friends, and new relationships all tied into one tiny package. What ties this package you ask? Well its what I call life lessons . One main gift is the lesson of letting things go.

Clinging onto situations that are no longer relevant in my life has been very difficult through the years especially in new adventures. I tend to carry the baggage of the past into the future hoping that situations will change.  I always believe that every relationship has a purpose. It's taken me a long time to realize that certain people and certain relationships serve a purpose for a time period in your life. I often cling on to said situations or relationships in the fear that I might be alone or in the fear that I cannot find anything better. It's taken me a long time to realize that these factors are limitations I put on myself and they often dictate my choices moving forward. I always say when "you have nothing left to lose you have everything to gain." I hope to remember this when some relationships or situations end. Letting go of things gracefully will allow me to feel lighter and move forward in finding better things.

I hope all of you remember that lettings things go does not show your weakness but rather your strength. Who you have and what you have is a blessing. Surround yourself with people who support and show you what you are worth. I think its most important to remember your own value because this translates into your confidence. Holding onto negativity or negative relationships just limits you. It's a great time to end these limitations.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment