Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I just came to say hello: 2014


I began writing this blog post and then had to take a break to go shovel my driveway (htuahiaeorapeadi….cold weather…blehhh). As soon as I finished shoveling, guess what happened? It snowed. AGAIN. To say that it snowed on my parade would be cliche but totally applicable. 

Given the state of my emotions the past couple of months, I would expect myself to be angry and pissed that things aren't going in my favor (because everyone knows I control everything, even the weather gods).   

But I've been trying very hard to change my mind set. As the saying goes "It's a new year and its a new me"…haha well no its still the old me but just on the path to becoming the best me that I can be (Rhyme and all).  I don't know why I waited till the new year to get this mind set of positivity. Any day is a great day to begin fresh. We often don't take the time to appreciate that with a new dawn comes new opportunities.  For me this lesson has been SO hard. I am growing and trying to learn this lesson. My success and failures are mine. Just mine. And thats the best part.  I should't be hard on myself because I often harp on the failures and discount the successes. I wouldn't be me if I had just the successes. And frankly..wouldn't my life be so boring?

So here is my third attempt at starting and writing a blog that chronicles my life through the next year. Good or bad--I will be here. 

Grab a drink and join me as we cheers to the New Year. New me. New you. New us. Life is what we make it so let's make it the best one we possibly can.







1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Congrats on the blog...and I'll def be keeping up! xx

    ReplyDelete