Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Plague of Inspiration


Hello fellow bloggers! I hope you have a beverage of your choice ready for this long post..Sip along and enjoy my post "The Plague of Inspiration."

So to those who are near and dear to me know that I was recently struck by the stomach flu…or Plague as I like to call it. During my sickness I tried to carry out my positivity by creating the hashtag  "#influenzaandme." I really tried to make that hashtag happen but like Gretchen Weiner trying to make "Fetch" happen….it didn't.

Anyways due to this plague, I was unable to write a blog post for the past week. I finally feel much better and trying to get back into my blogging game. So here is the much awaited second post about things that have been inspiring me lately or more so the person who has inspired me.

During my quarantine in my bedroom for the past 4 days, I came across this amazing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62Aqdlzvqk

Everyone has 13 minutes to spare to watch this. This girl just completely changed my out look on life in just 13 minutes. 13!!!! As many of my friends know I have a severe eye issue and recently found out that it affects a lot of my cognitive abilities. I was told that I need to begin therapy this month with the possibility of surgery in the future. During my diagnosis I was thinking "why me??" "Haven't my hardships this past year been enough of an issue?" But then as soon as I watched this video I literally thought to myself (in all caps)…"REALLY DO I HAVE IT THAT BAD?"

so I paused and really thought about the question at the end of the video that Lizzie mentioned "how do you define yourself?" or what do I want people to remember me for. I think that at the end of the day what defines me is my ability to always be there for others. I want my picture next to the word "reliable" in a dictionary. I really want people to say "Sindhu is the type of person who will always care for me and be there for me, no matter what" I want that to define me. I want people to come to me when they have a crisis so I can help them or just come to me when they want to talk. I want to define myself in the manner that I see myself.  Maybe thats where my passion for being a doctor comes from? Although that is just an occupation..How I want to define myself is the attitude I wish to portray. And that attitude can only be shown when I believe it myself.

Often times we get sucked into this concept that life is harsh and there is a lot of negative things and not enough positive. We let materialistic things define our happiness. I realized until we define ourselves in a positive manner, we can't possibly be happy ourself. After my vision appointment my results showed that my academic success itself is an achievement for someone with such an eye sight. I should feel proud that I have come this far in my education game. I am a Baller.

I don't have it that bad..I am blessed! I have family, friends, and my health. I am successful. I will continue to be successful. The hurdles that are there now may disappear. Different hurdles may arise. But through it all I don't want these "hurdles" to define me. Hell nah. I am going to define myself as the person I always am and will always continue to be. When I am said and done my legacy should be the person I was, not what I overcame. My situation is not worse then others.

I guess my overall point of this rambling is that: there are so many amazing things that define every one of us. It's so unique. Let that be how you see yourself and how others see you. Don't focus on the negativity or the difficulties that surround you. Let it go. Trust me..You will feel so much better. You don't control that..But you do control how you portray yourself. A positive attitude through struggles speaks volumes. Lead each Dawn onwards with that quality that is unique to you and I am sure you will be successful.

And Next time I will clearly mention if you need a VENTI from Starbucks for reading a post.
Sorry for a variety of a grammar mistakes..I am a grammar hippie. Going with the flow.




2 comments:

  1. You should try out the #100HappyDays challenge (100happydays.com/‎)! We're doing it and it's a reminder of how every day there is something to be happy about and count your blessings for. And yes, you are a "baller"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! Can't wait. Thank you for the sweet words :)

    ReplyDelete