Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Heat of Giving: Part 2


In my last post I discussed how this Valentine’s day you can approach the traditional holiday from a different perspective. First part of ‘the heart of giving’ post was all about SELF LOVE. In part 2, I want to focus on how you can translate the love you have for yourself into the ‘the heart of giving’ to others. I wanted to highlight an organization that I am very passionate about, out of many, that you could participate with/in to make a difference this upcoming month and year.

The organization that I love (that keeps to the theme of February and Valentines day) is The American Heart Association. Did you know Heart Disease is the number one killer in women? February is all about Heart health. Being a woman and being passionate about health, I thought it was the perfect thing to share about the ways you can make a difference. All this month you can learn about the  “10 ways to go red.”  The link will guide you to a 10 step process to leading a healthier lifestyle. You can make a difference and give to others by just being an advocate for the cause. It’s the easy things you do that can potentially make a difference. You can even go a step further by donating to the American Heart association or participate in a ‘Go Red’ Event near you. Remember, spreading awareness is the biggest way to give to others. Share more. #GoRed

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”

-Dalai Lama

I hope you have gained a lot of perspective from this two part series on “the heart of giving.” I felt inspired writing it. Love your self and pass the love to others this season.

Until Next time



No comments:

Post a Comment