Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

One challenge completed! OR almost

Two posts in one week! I think that in itself deserves a party but first let’s get down to business (To defeat the Huns). Yes, I am five. But for real lets begin:

As of today I have officially completed TWENTY-SEVEN days of the Simple Green Smoothie Challenge. If you didn’t know I started this challenge and want to know more about it then read my post “We crave a different kind of buzz

My initial reaction to this challenge was all about the increase in energy that I noticed after having these smoothies. Twenty-Seven days into the challenge and this opinion stands the same. I absolutely love how energized I feel and how much longer I can concentrate. When I used to do school work before this challenge, I relied on two cups of caffeine in a span of four hours to achieve ultimate concentration. Now I have completely gone caffeine free for the twenty-seven days and have not missed it one bit. My wallet also thanks me for all the money I am saving and Starbucks on the other hand is missing me.  I think if you want to begin this challenge for an energy boost and concentration then I highly recommend it.  

I am sure many people are curious if this challenge helped me lose weight. I will address that but first I wanted to emphasize that doing this challenge for me was MORE THAN just weight loss. I just felt like I needed a detox and a clean start. Luckily by combining this challenge with proper exercise along with portion control I successfully lost 4 pounds! I do want to emphasize that results may vary for each individual but I was really happy with how this regiment worked for me. I did not stray from my goal and I think consistency is key to noticing changes.

However, not all opinions remained the same. When I initially wrote about this challenge I mentioned “sleeping better” as another positive factor. Sadly, this was not the case through out my twenty-seven days. I think that my sleep pattern is still inconsistent and something I need to work on.

There were some negative side effects of this challenge and I guess I should have expected it since it’s a detox. My skin took a while to adjust to this new regiment and as a result I broke out on my face frequently. It’s not something I am or was used to. I usually have clear skin so this was something I was very unhappy with. I had to look into alternative remedies to get rid of my new breakouts. However, this past week my skin has been doing much better and I think it might be as a result to my body finally adjusting to the change. 

My number one suggestion  when doing these types of challenges would be to keep track of your time frame. Many people start these regiments and expect results or changes within a couple of days. I really believe you have to be realistic and also consistent. If you stay committed, I am sure you will see the results you aspire for.

So many of you have also asked me will I continue this Green Smoothie detox/challenge in the future and my answer is yes! I am planning on continuing it all through May since I feel like my body has finally adjusted to it. I will probably also keep up with it after I return from vacation. Let's be honest after an Indian wedding you need a detox more then ever.

I want to end by saying thank you to everyone who supported me on this challenge/journey. I am so happy to have shared my green journey with you guys and hope it pushed all of you to have a clean start yourself!

Until next time with lots of love..




No comments:

Post a Comment