Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier

I am so excited to write my very first beauty product review. I love reading other blog post about beauty recommendations and product reviews. It’s actually very informative and helpful. I just began experimenting with make up myself so I know the struggle of finding the right foundation, the right tools/techniques and more importantly finding these products within a price range.  If I can help one person find a product they love through this review then I consider it a success.

Today’s foundation review is a high-end full coverage foundation by Laura Mercier. I have been looking for a full coverage foundation for a while, but struggled with finding one that matches my skin tone exactly. Laura Mercier’s foundation is amazing for several reasons. I LOVE that they have nine different color options that varies from each other with the skins undertones in mind. I have a yellow/gold undertone in my skin so its difficult matching drugstore foundations perfectly. I often times end up buying two and mixing them. It is not ideal or convenient. 

Now, as far as price point this foundation is more expensive then an average drugstore brand. The average cost for this foundation is $45.00. My recommendation for individuals who are looking to buy high-end foundation but not sure about the price, color, or brand is to go a store like Sepohra. They will help you by taking pictures of your skin and giving you recommendations based on what type of coverage you want. They will also give you sample sizes of the foundations you tried.  It’s a great opportunity to test something out before investing in it. Plus, you can wear the samples for several days just to see how you feel over a span of days instead of making an impulsive decision at the store. 

Another reason why I love Laura Mercier’s foundation is because it is highly recommended for sensitive skin. If you are like me and your skin is hard to work with then this brand might be perfect for you. I break out when I try new products and this foundation is so gentle and light. You don’t even feel like you have it on.  I haven’t noticed any outbreaks since I have been wearing it for past three days. I also love how this foundation doesn’t dry up my skin especially in the T zone.

Overall, it gives me the 12+ hour coverage that I like while allowing my skin to feel light. I highly recommend it and it will be one of my beauty favorites for months to come. Like I mentioned this product is a splurge at $45.00. However, a little product goes a long way so take that into consideration.

I have attached my photo with the foundation so you can see how the flash works with the foundation. I was pretty happy. My shade was “Sand Beige”


Until next time..






No comments:

Post a Comment